Massage-Cupping is an amazing approach to creating healing, wellness, and balance within the whole body. By using specific massage cups and a light vacuum suction, the skin, muscles, & connective tissues are lifted away from the body increasing circulation of blood and lymph, oxygen, and nutrients to our cells; removing stagnation, decreasing knots, reducing pain, and pulling toxins from the body that are stored deep within our tissue’s cells. Massage-Cupping can be used to assist in relaxation, flushing the lymphatic system, scar reduction, cellulite reduction and even breast health.
With massage cupping you may experience some discoloration in the tissues, this discoloration, called a “Kiss mark” is not a bruise and should disappear within a few hours to a few days. Your skin’s reaction to the cupping may vary due to what is going on in your tissues and muscles. A “kiss mark” will unlikely occur again with receiving Regular body work.
Kiss Mark: Is that a bruise? NO
“A bruise is a blunt force trauma, massage cupping uses vacuum pressure”
“The discoloration that sometimes occurs is a possible debris”
“It’s the toxicity coming to the surface and being released”
“It will dissipate in a few days”
“It is unlikely it will occur again with REGULAR work”
Some of the benefits?
- Stimulates whole body relaxation
- Stimulates oxygenation and detoxification of blood while promoting a feeling of lightness and relief of pressure
- Increases circulation of blood and lymph, and nutrients to the cells
- Removes stagnation
- Decreases stagnation, adhesions, and knots
It can be used:
- Flushing the lymphatic system
- Patients preparing or recovering from surgery
- Deep scar tissue, such as from C-sections or severe burns
- High blood pressure
- Anxiety and insomnia
- And oh so much more!