Prenatal Massage has been found to reduce stress, decrease swelling in the arms and legs, and relieve aches and pains in muscles and joints during pregnancy. It’s a popular massage therapy during pregnancy for back pain, when choices for pain relief, such as medication, are often limited. Not only can massage be physically beneficial, but the human touch can be comforting and provide emotional support during pregnancy. Customized to the expectant mother’s needs, Prenatal massage therapy can be done side lying or with a pregnancy pillow (which allows a pregnant client to comfortably lay face down during a massage).
Benefits of Pre-Natal Massage:
- Tranquil relaxation
- Decrease of stress
- Proven to decrease labor time
- Promotes support for new mother
- Enhances skin pliability and underlying tissues
- Improves outcome of labor and eases labor pain
- Increases blood & lymph circulation – reduces swelling
- Relief of muscle cramps, spasms, and myofascial pain, especially in hips, legs, and low back
The staff at Revelation Chiropractic looks forward to helping mothers-to-be and their families find optimal health right from the start! Through principled chiropractic care and now Massage Therapy, Dr. Chad McMahan, D.C. and Chelsea Toon, LMT, CR help kids and moms live happy, healthy, and drug-free lives the way God intended.
Expecting a new bundle of joy? Find out how Pre-Natal Massage can ease the pain and stress of your pregnancy. Schedule an appointment today.