Dr. Chad McMahan, D.C. uses a unique chiropractic spinal analysis and adjusting method, called the Torque Release Technique. Unlike the expected “bone popping” adjustments portrayed in the popular media, Torque Release is a “non-manipulative” adjustment, which means there is no popping or twisting required.
Torque Release bases its technique on gentle touch and light thrusting by using a hand-held instrument called an Integrator. The Integrator reproduces the thrust and movement components of the classic chiropractic method of adjusting by hand, at a speed of 1/10,000th of a second. This low-force chiropractic adjusting method allows the nervous system to better integrate and understand new corrective information and to process it throughout the spinal cord and brain. Your spinal corrections do not stop once you get off the table. They continue as you breathe and move.
You may notice that you hear a click or feel movement in your spine later on the same day after the Torque Release adjustment. That is your body aligning and correcting its own subluxations. Torque Release allows your body to make its own corrections and increase healing with ongoing care. Because these chiropractic corrections are not limited to just the areas of pain and/or other tingling symptoms, the healing experience is typically deeper in all areas of the body, mind, and emotions. Torque Release releases tension at the spinal cord by correcting subluxations of spinal segments intimately connected with the meninges, or attachments, of the spinal cord. It leads to profound neurological changes that benefit everyone – no matter what symptom or level of health they are currently experiencing.
The primary intent of the Torque Release Technique is to progressively reduce blockages and tension of the entire spinal system, to release trapped, unresolved neurological patterns in the body and mind, and to facilitate the reintegration of the nervous system, allowing a greater expression of one’s healing and performance capabilities.
Dr. Chad McMahan, D.C., of Revelation Chiropractic, is the only chiropractor in Northern Colorado using this technique.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Torque Release Technique for chiropractic care safe for infants and children?
We have found that the Torque Release Technique is one of the safest and most effective chiropractic methods we’ve seen for all ages of children – from birth through adolescence. The torque technique chiropractic is extremely gentle, with no forceful manipulations of the spine. Children really enjoy its gentleness and often hop up onto the tables in anticipation of their spinal adjustments! This is one of the most powerful methods known to enhance your child’s God-given health potential.
What is involved with a Torque Release Technique chiropractic adjustment?
During your treatment, Dr. Chad checks your spinal column for areas where the nervous system is being impaired by subluxations and delivers adjustments using the Integrator tool. This sounds somewhat like a staple gun and feels like a quick impulse into the muscles of your spinal column.
This specific and scientific chiropractic adjustment is much more precise and uses much less force than being adjusted by hand. The advantage of the Integrator is that it can deliver a specific frequency into the nerve endings of the spinal column, exactly where nerve function has become irritated.
How does my spine realign without the doctor doing an adjustment by hand?
Because these methods work with neurological reflexes: By releasing the tension in the nervous system, the muscles around the spine will relax, releasing the restriction in the joints, relieving lower back pain and other ailments.
It doesn’t seem like the doctor is doing much to me during an adjustment!
The Torque Release Technique is focused on helping your body to better look after itself. As such, it actually works better when your body is given some time to respond after each part of the adjustment is made. In a way, Dr. Chad does as little as possible to allow your own body to do as much as possible.
The doctor seems to be doing a lot to my feet during the treatment.
The Torque Release Technique uses the legs to help determine where in the spine the nervous system is being irritated. Based on patterns of contraction in one leg compared to the other, and by applying pressure to strategic points on the spinal column, Dr. Chad can locate exactly where your spine needs to be adjusted. The pattern and degree of tension in your central nervous system is “mirrored” by patterns of muscle tension and imbalance in your hips and legs. This idea is similar to a Doctor measuring your blood pressure in your arm to tell what is happening in your heart.
It didn’t feel like much happened during my chiropractic adjustment!
That’s O.K. The Torque Release Technique requires that your body responds in fairly organized and coordinated way in order for the therapeutic response to be significant. Some people can ride a bike perfectly the first time they get on one, and some will respond to the chiropractic treatment right away. Others will take a few lessons before they catch on. You will feel better as your body gets used to its correct alignment.
What makes the Integrator instrument and the Torque Release Technique so special?
The Integrator was purpose designed and built to reproduce what the hands intend to achieve during a chiropractic adjustment. The attributes that make an Integrator adjustment something special and powerful are:
- PRECISE: When using an Integrator we can pinpoint the exact point on the spine that requires adjustment of nerve function.
- SPECIFIC: The force, frequency of energy, torque, speed, and thrust provided by the Integrator have all been tailor-made to deliver the perfect amount of energy to help normalize nerve function.
- GENTLE: An Integrator adjustment can be delivered with the spine in a perfectly relaxed position with a controlled amount of force.
- FAST: The incredibly fast but shallow impulse is one of the secrets to the effectiveness of this adjustment and the reason for it being so gentle.
- RECOIL: Another of the secret ingredients built into the Integrator is recoil: This bounce in the impulse increases the body’s nerve system response.
- TORQUE: Subatomic particles, atoms, muscles, and human bodies all move in three dimensions: The three-dimensional impulse of the Integrator maximizes the effectiveness on the human body.
- EFFECTIVE: The benefits of Integrator adjustments have been measured by scientific research and this research has been published in major peer-reviewed medical journals.
- RELIABLE: The way that the Integrator delivers an adjustment is very consistent and reliable so that the right amount of force and energy is transmitted on each and every adjustment.
- CONSISTENT: The assessment, examination, and adjustments that are used in the Torque Release Technique are standardized which means that several practitioners using the same method can deliver the same results and experience.
- RECOGNIZED: The Integrator is patented for the correction of subluxations. The Integrator is registered with a United States Food and Drug Administration 510k certification and holds a CE Marking for use in Europe. The Torque Release Technique is the only FDA approved chiropractic method.