Now that we are seeing a much awaited improvement in the weather, more and more people are starting to get out and enjoy the things that they love in nature. For many people, that includes an afternoon on the golf course. If you are a golfer that is looking for a way to improve your golf game, chiropractic care might be the answer. Revelation Chiropractic is here to talk about how chiropractors can be the answer you are looking for in improving your golf game.
Chiropractic Care Can Treat Common Golf Injuries
If you are a golfer, there are several ways that you can injure yourself on the course. When you’re dealing with a golfing injury it can be miserable. In most cases golfers will look for any reprieve from these painful injuries. Here are some of the most common injuries golfers experience:
– Lower Back Pain: When a golfer twist and rotates to swing at the ball, it can create strains on the lower back. It can even cause low back sprain. This can be incredibly painful.
– Golfer’s Elbow: When you play golf, there is a repetitive motion that puts strain on the tendons that are located on the inside of the elbow. This can cause extreme pain in that joint.
– Shoulder Injuries: The repetitive motion of the golf swing can cause shoulder issues as well. The shoulder joint can sustain damage after years of playing.
– Knee Injuries: There is a great deal of weight transferred to your knees in a golf swing. This leaves golfers susceptible to knee injuries.
– Wrist Injuries: When the Golf Club hits the ball, the impact can often lead to wrist injuries such as fractures.
How Does Chiropractic Care Help Golfers?
All of the injuries listed above can be treated successfully with a skilled chiropractor. Here are some of the therapies that are used in treating these injuries:
– Spinal Adjustments: Spinal adjustments are one of the best ways to Realign the spine and reduce pain. Golfers often struggle with compressed nerves which spinal alignment will help reduce.
– Soft Tissue Therapy: Many injuries caused by repetitive motion can be treated with soft tissue therapy. This might include massage, trigger point therapy, and even stretching.
– Rehabilitation Exercises: There are many injuries that are caused by a weakness somewhere on your body. Rehabilitation exercises help to strengthen those problem areas that leave you prone to injury.
– Lifestyle Modifications: Your chiropractor might have you make some modifications to your lifestyle to help you recover and heal.
Chiropractic Care & Therapy in Fort Collins, CO (Just Minutes from Loveland, Berthoud, Johnstown, Windsor and Wellington, Colorado)
If you are a golfer who has experienced an injury or is looking to take your game to the next level, you can turn to Revelation Chiropractic to help you get there. We have a number of ways that we can help you feel your healthiest as you play your favorite game. Call us today!