Many adults deal with pinched nerves at one point or another. When you have a nerve that has been pinched, it can cause a great deal of pain on a daily basis until you take action to help fix the problem. There are a number of different reasons that people experience pinched nerves. If you don’t find out what is causing it and work to improve the problem, it can have a negative impact on your quality of life. Revelation Chiropractic is here to talk about how chiropractic care can help improve pinched nerves as well as discuss what is causing them so that you can take action to live a pain free life.
How Do You Get a Pinched Nerve?
Like mentioned above, there are several different causes for pinches nerves. When a pinched nerve happens, this means that there is added pressure on a nerve because of a tendon, bone or tissue. Following are some of the most common issues that result in this painful issue.
– Herniated Disc: Sometimes, zinging lower back pain could be caused by a herniated disc in the spinal cord.
– Obesity: When you are carrying around extra weight, it can have an impact on things like your nerves. This can leave you extremely uncomfortable as it causes a disruption in the nerves.
– Carpal Tunnel: When you have a carpal tunnel, you will often wake up in the night with hands that have completely fallen asleep.
– Forced Injuries: Sometimes you will experience a pinched nerve when you repeat an exercise over and over again.
– Bone Spurs: When you have bones that are putting pressure on the root of a nerve, it can cause serious pain that can interrupt the most basic life functions.
How Does a Pinched Nerve Hurt?
The symptoms of a pinched nerve are going to vary from person to person. However, here is a rundown of some of the sensations you can feel when you are dealing with this problem.
– Complete discomfort
– Zinging pain
How a Chiropractor Can Fix a Pinched Nerve
There are many ways that chiropractic care can help a person get rid of the pain associated with a pinched nerve. When you are experiencing this type of pain, most people get to a point of desperation and will try just about anything. Before you turn to surgery to try and fix the problem, it is wise to see if your chiropractor can help you get rid of the pain naturally. The treatment of a pinched nerve is going to depend on what is causing the problem in the first place. When the source of the problem has been discovered, the chiropractor will get rid of the pressure on the nerve using adjustments, massage therapy, physical therapy and more.