Pickleball is one of the most up and coming sports that is attracting fans across the country. More and more people are finding that this game is one that all ages and abilities can play and enjoy. What used to be a simple backyard game is morphing into a rapidly growing sensation. While this is a somewhat low-impact sport, there are still injuries that are popping up here and there among circles that play the sport quite often. Revelation Chiropractic is here to talk about how chiropractic care can help you heal and boost your game.
What is the Most Common Injury in Pickleball?
There are many injuries that can occur when you’re playing a sport like pickleball. It is important that you are using correct form and are in shape when playing this sport to avoid these common injuries:
– Hand & Wrist: When you’re playing pickleball, there are hand and wrist injuries that can be commonplace. Anything from overuse to broken bones happen to hands and wrists in this game.
– Elbow Tendonitis: Usually, when people are playing pickleball, they are tightly gripping the paddle they’re using to hit the ball. This puts strain on the forearm muscles that attach to the elbow. This is a common area for tendinitis to become a problem.
– Knee: This sport has a lot of running and pivoting involved in it. This puts tremendous torque on your knee joints which can lead to pain and injury.
– Back: continually bending forward and crouching down to quickly rotate as you’re running from place to place can cause strain in your lower back.
– Rotator Cuff: When you repeatedly raise your arms, it can pinch sensitive tendons and the bursa. It can lead to painful rotator cuff injuries.
What are the Benefits of Seeing a Chiropractor?
If you are suffering from injuries that come from playing pickleball, there are several ways that a chiropractor can help.
– Musculoskeletal Assessment: A chiropractor can ensure that there aren’t any alignment issues, imbalances or weaknesses that will make you more susceptible to injury.
– Joint Mobility: There are joints that can be more problematic that others when it comes to pickleball. Chiropractors can help increase joint mobility to help you avoid injury in those places.
– Stretching & Strengthening: Much of the time, injury is caused by a part of the body that hasn’t been properly stretched or strengthened. This is another area where a chiropractor can help.
– Education: Chiropractors can help educate and inform about proper technique as well as proper warm-up and cool-down methods to help you be far less likely to sustain an injury.
Chiropractic Care & Therapy in Fort Collins, CO (Just Minutes from Loveland, Berthoud, Johnstown, Windsor and Wellington, Colorado)
If you are struggling with injuries due to playing any sports, you can turn to Revelation Chiropractic to help you feel better. We work with athletes all the time to help them not only recover quickly from injury but also avoid injury in the future. Call us today!