In the spirit of Valentine’s Day and February being National Heart Month, we are here to talk all about the heart. It’s time that we show a little love to our hearts. There are many things that we can do to show our hearts a little love. Everyone knows the textbook answers to this in a healthy diet, regular exercise and so on. However, what a lot of people are missing out on are the many benefits that chiropractic care has to give your heart as well. Revelation Chiropractic is here to talk about some of the ways that chiropractic care can help with your overall health, including your heart.
Can Chiropractic Adjustments Help Your Chest Pain, Lower Heart Rate, Reduce Blood Pressure & Treat Heart Palpitations?
Following are just some of the ways that chiropractic care can benefit your heart:
– Reduced Blood Pressure: Hypertension or high blood pressure is one of the most common chronic health problems that adults face. When you are dealing with high blood pressure that you don’t have regulated, it can cause increased stress on some of the major arteries in your body. However, regular adjustments from your chiropractor can help. The first vertebra known as the Atlas has been proven to help lower blood pressure when adjusted.
– Reduced Inflammation: When you have increased inflammation throughout your body, it can have a negative impact on your heart as well as your pain level. Chiropractic care helps to reduce that inflammation and will, in turn, help your heart. Inflammation is one of the leading causes of chronic heart conditions.
– Protect Nerves: What many people don’t realize is that there are nerves that control your heart. The nerves that control the heart are a little different than other nerves throughout the body because they are autonomic, or they send signals on their own. Chiropractic care can help keep those nerves protected. These same nerves also control other organs found throughout the body so it’s important that you take care of them.
– Improved Lung Function: The heart and lungs work together to keep you alive. It is essential that your heart has enough oxygen to work properly. If your lungs aren’t healthy, it can have a direct impact on your heart as well. Chiropractic care helps to protect your lungs and help keep your heart healthy.
– Reduced Chest Pain: One of the most common reasons that people wind up in the emergency room of a hospital is chest pain. The thing about chest pain is that it can be caused by a number of different things. A lot of them are caused by musculoskeletal issues. A lot of the time, these musculoskeletal problems can be a simple fix with the help of a chiropractor. It can save you from a visit to the ER as well.
Chiropractic Care & Therapy in Fort Collins, CO (Just Minutes from Loveland, Berthoud, Johnstown, Windsor and Wellington, Colorado)
At Revelation Chiropractic, we have a good understanding of the heart and what needs to be done to protect it. You can turn to us for your chiropractic care as we work together to help you live a life that is as healthy as possible. Call us today!