When you are struggling with back pain, it can be debilitating. Studies have shown that over 40% of people in the US struggle with back pain. When you have sciatica back pain, the sudden jolts of pain that shoot down your back and legs can be crippling. It often leaves people in a doctor’s office, discussing surgical options to get relief. Before racing into surgery, it is important for patients to know that there are other options to treat their sciatica back pain. Revelation Chiropractic is here to talk about how chiropractic care could be the answer you’re looking for.
What Does a Chiropractor Do to Relieve Sciatica?
There are several steps that are involved with sciatica back pain treatment. Here is what you can expect when you turn to a chiropractor for help.
– Back Pain Diagnosis: The first and perhaps most vital step in the treatment process is diagnosing the problem in the first place. This is usually done using a consultation that includes questions, imaging and a series of physical tests to see what is causing your pain. Without all the steps involved during diagnosis, the chiropractor can’t treat your problem effectively.
– Finding the Cause of Sciatica: One of the things that makes chiropractic care so effective is that the chiropractor doesn’t just want to know the problem, but what is causing it as well. The problem usually originates from damaged spinal discs. Chiropractic care targets these areas that are damaged and starts to help them heal.
– Spinal Realignment: Chiropractors specialize in spinal alignment. When your spine is aligned, it corrects these unnatural curvatures and slipped discs so that your nervous system can function as it should. Spinal adjustments have never been more necessary than they are today with so many people working at a computer desk or hunched over phones all day long. Spinal adjustments can help to solve many problems that stem from this, including sciatica back pain.
– Treating Muscle Tissue: Another great option when treating sciatica is massage therapy. Massage therapy and chiropractic care work hand in hand to treat the skeletal system and the muscles surrounding it. Massage therapy can help relieve physical pain as well as stress that only makes sciatica even harder to live with.
– Other Natural Treatments: Often, one of the issues that is causing back pain stems from muscle weakness. It isn’t uncommon for your chiropractor to help guide you through certain exercises that will leave your body stronger and help you live a more pain-free life.
Chiropractic Care in Fort Collins, CO (Just Minutes from Loveland, Berthoud, Johnstown, Windsor and Wellington, Colorado)
If you are struggling with sciatica back pain, Revelation Chiropractic can help you find healing and pain relief in a natural way with our chiropractic treatments. We specialize in spinal adjustments to help encourage your nervous system to function properly. We look forward to helping you find relief in a more natural way. Call us today!