There are thousands of people that struggle with daily headaches and migraines. If you suffer this way, you know how debilitating it can be. June is actually headache and migraine awareness month which gives us an opportunity to take a closer look at what may be causing this debilitating pain that so many people suffer from. Revelation Chiropractic is here to talk about how chiropractic care can help people overcome this pain that is running their lives.
Why are Some People Prone to Getting Headaches?
There are a number of different reasons that a person could struggle with headaches and migraines. Following are some of the most common causes.
– Stress: There are several studies that point to a connection between stress and headaches. Often, when no other therapies work to relieve headaches, this is an area that is closely looked at.
– Vision: When you have a hard time focusing on text and your eyes aren’t what they used to be, a common symptom of bad eyesight is headache & migraine pain.
– Concussions: If you hit your head extremely hard, you can be left with severe head pain.
– Sleep Deprivation: Many people that struggle to get the amount of sleep their body needs suffers from head pain.
– Subluxations: When there is a misalignment in the spine, it can result in headaches as it causes pressure on the nervous system.
– Tumor (Rare): While very rare, if you have a brain tumor, it can present itself with headaches and migraines.
How Chiropractic Care Can Help with Headaches & Migraines
While most doctors will turn right to medications to help get rid of headaches, chiropractors take a different approach to treatment. There are a few ways that chiropractors can help their patients get past the pain they are experiencing.
– Spinal Adjustments: Realigning the spine can help ease the tension that is caused in the neck and shoulder area and can help get rid of headaches and migraines.
– Soft Tissue Therapy: Therapies like massage, myofascial release massage and trigger point therapies can help alleviate headache and migraine issues.
– Overall Wellness: Chiropractors are more worried about your overall wellness than anything else. They will look for ways that improvements can be made in this area. This can be through diet and exercise.
How Does Overall Wellness Affect Headaches & Migraines?
Adjustments aren’t the only ways that chiropractors can help you get rid of your headaches. They may recommend you take some vitamin B supplements to help ease your pain. Walking and low impact exercises can also be helpful when you are combating debilitating headaches. Likewise, a chiropractor may help you focus on your posture and point out ways that could be contributing to your pain.