The number of changes that happen to a woman’s body during pregnancy can be mind-blowing at times. Not only will the shape of the body change, but there are endocrinological changes that are happening as well. All of the added weight of the baby and extra fluid that a woman carries around with her during pregnancy can start to be a burden if you don’t manage it right. One of the best ways to manage the changes that a pregnant woman is experiencing is regular chiropractic care. Revelation Chiropractic is here to talk about the benefits pregnant women can experience with prenatal chiropractic care.
Prenatal Chiropractic Care is Safe
There may be some women that are worried chiropractic care isn’t going to be safe for their baby. Rest assured; all licensed chiropractors have been highly trained to treat pregnant women. If there is every any doubt, you should consult with your chiropractor as well as your doctor to make sure.
Benefits of Prenatal Chiropractic Care
For many people, when they hear the words chiropractic care, they instantly think of pain relief. However true this may be, there are several benefits aside from pain relief that pregnant women can expect from chiropractic care during pregnancy.
– Helps treat nausea
– Lowers the risk of a C-section
– Reduced time of labor & delivery
– Lowered risk of premature birth
– Reduced lower back pain
– Less pain medication needed throughout pregnancy
– Speeds up recovery time
Two Biggest Benefits of Chiropractic Care During Pregnancy
While the benefits listed above are all great, there are two benefits that are quite possibly the most beneficial.
– Restoring Pelvic Balance: Having a balanced pelvis will have an impact on so many of your muscles and joints throughout the body. During pregnancy, this is usually thrown out of whack. Chiropractic care can help to restore that balance in the pelvis. This can help to lower the aches and pains that many women struggle with throughout their pregnancy.
– Make Room for the Baby: This benefit coincides with pelvic balance. Your baby is going to grow and thrive no matter what. However, when you have room for your baby because your pelvis is balanced, you will find that it is far less painful. It can also help the baby get in the ideal position for birth. This is how chiropractic care can help women avoid the need for a c-section when it comes time to give birth. Getting that baby into the right position is important.
Chiropractic Care & Therapy in Fort Collins, CO (Just Minutes from Loveland, Berthoud, Johnstown, Windsor and Wellington, Colorado)
If you are pregnant, don’t discount the benefits that come from regular prenatal chiropractic care. At Revelation Chiropractic, we will help you have a pregnancy that is as pain free as possible. We know how difficult this time can be and will do everything in our power to make your pregnancy a joy. It is our goal to help your body thrive during the next 40 weeks. Call us today!