More and more people are finding the many benefits that come from choosing chiropractic care to deal with some ailments and health concerns naturally rather than with pharmaceuticals and surgery. Many people turn to chiropractic care when they are experiencing pain and discomfort. Alignments can be one of the best ways to get the pain relief that people are looking for. However, what many people don’t realize is that X-rays play a vital role in chiropractic care. Revelation Chiropractic is here to talk about why X-rays are so important in optimizing chiropractic care.
Are X-Rays Necessary for Chiropractic Care?
Before you receive any chiropractic care, it is vital that you have some X-rays completed. Here are some of the reasons that you should always request X-rays before getting treated by a chiropractor:
– Spinal Assessment: Your spine is made-up of several discs, vertebrae, nerves and supportive tissues. Many chiropractors can get a feel for the misalignments in your spine in a physical exam, but they are not able to get a clear picture of what is going on without an X-ray. An X-ray allows them to get a more accurate assessment of your spine.
– Hidden Conditions: Another clear benefit of X-rays is the fact that they allow characters to find any hidden conditions that are difficult to find in a physical exam. These hidden conditions could include tumors, infections, osteoporosis, spinal abnormalities and more. It is important that these hidden conditions are uncovered before embarking on treatment.
– Customizing Treatment Plans: Since everybody is different, it only makes sense that their spine and the issues that they are having are different as well. As chiropractors work with their patients to come up with a customized treatment plan, X-rays give them the ability to do this as they provide a clear picture of the patient‘s spine. This individualized approach is why so many people turned to chiropractic care in the first place.
– Safety: Chiropractic care is one of the safest treatments that you can choose for your body. Even though it is safer than other treatments, it is not completely risk free. X-rays take the risk out of chiropractic care as the chiropractor can see clearly what areas of the body are in need of adjustment and treatment.
– Progress Evaluation: When it comes to chiropractic treatment, it is helpful for patients to be able to visually see the progress and changes that are being made throughout their treatment. X-rays allow patients to clearly see the ways that their body is benefiting from chiropractic care.
Chiropractic Care & Therapy in Fort Collins, CO (Just Minutes from Loveland, Berthoud, Johnstown, Windsor and Wellington, Colorado)
If you are experiencing any pain or discomfort in your body, consider a holistic approach to healing with the chiropractors at Revelation Chiropractic. We can help you live with less pain and discomfort in your life as we work to make the adjustments your body needs to heal. Call us today!