If you are feeling aches and pains, one of the best ways to get rid of them is a trip to the chiropractor. While this is true, you may not get the results you’re looking for if you don’t put in a little effort on your side. There are some things that you can do to get the most out of your chiropractor visit. Revelation Chiropractic is here to share our best tips to make sure you’re getting the most out of your visit to the chiropractor.
What You Can Do to Make the Most of Chiropractic Adjustments
When you go to see the chiropractor, you are more than likely looking for long lasting relief from pain. To get those results there are several steps that you need to make as the patient. Here is what you can do.
– Stay Hydrated: Most people know how important it is to keep their bodies hydrated, but did you know that it can impact your results at the chiropractor? If you aren’t getting the hydration that you need, the fluid between the vertebrae on your spine won’t have the fluid it needs to stay healthy. Make sure you drink several glasses of water the morning of your appointment for best results.
– Walk: You don’t have to walk several miles but taking a 5-10 minute walk before your appointment will help to loosen up your muscles and prepare your body for manipulation.
– Stretch: Another great way to make sure your body is as limber as possible is to stretch before your appointment. Stretching can help you with pain both short and long term. Your chiropractor will more than likely help you find the right stretches to address your problems.
– Snack: Not only does it not feel good to have low blood sugar, but you will also get better results at the chiropractor when you have eaten a small snack before your appointment. Some people feel faint and weak when they have low blood sugar.
– Don’t Sit on a Wallet: There are men and women both that will put their wallet in their back pocket. If it isn’t a wallet, it is a phone. You shouldn’t ever sit with anything like that in your back pocket. This isn’t just a tip for the day of your appointment either. When you have a wallet in your back pocket, it forces one of your hips to sit higher than the other. This can put stress on your nerves and your back.
Chiropractic Care & Therapy in Fort Collins, CO (Just Minutes from Loveland, Berthoud, Johnstown, Windsor and Wellington, Colorado)
If you are having chronic pain that won’t go away no matter what you have tried, you can turn to Revelation Chiropractic to help you find a solution to the problem. It is our goal to help our patients live a pain free life. Let us help you find a permanent solution to your chronic pain. Call us to schedule your appointment today!